Vilnius College of Design has an active Career Center, established in 2012, which provides students and graduates career counseling and information services in order to facilitate their integration into the labor market. The main activities of the Career Center:
Provides information about internship or employment opportunities and the situation in the labor market:
- Information about work or internship positions and competitions is published on the VCD library blog;
- Information about internship positions, offers to participate in competitions is sent to students and graduates by e-mail;
- Job or internship offers and information about job auditions are available on the library’s informational board.
Consults on the preparation of nescessary work papers. VCD library collects and updates information resources (in printed and electronic format) on the preparation of work documents:
- Methodological recommendations on how to prepare your CV and cover letter;
- Recommendations on how to prepare creative portfolio;
- Tips on how to prepare for a job interview;
- Guidelines for job search strategy;
- Tests for career planning;
- Other useful resources on time planning and self-motivation issues.
The Career Center responds to student inquiries (usually by e-mail) on matters of writing CVs and cover letters.
Organizes training for students and graduates to develop their long-term professional career planning skills:
- VCD career center, together with employment mediation companies, prepares joint projects during which trainings are held for VCD students and graduates on personal career planning for successful integration into the labor market.
- On the basis of cooperation with personnel search and selection companies, the Career Center, taking into account the VCD study directions, informs about work and practice places for students.
Together with students and graduates, events are held for those who want to join the VCD:
- Open days; consultations; courses; methodical-cognitive expositions, etc. During them, students studying and graduating from VCD share their experience at the college, opportunities to do internships and their work experience.
VCD organizes exhibitions of graduates’ diploma works:
- The purpose of the exhibitions is to familiarize social partners with the works of graduates of VCD, providing an opportunity for graduates and social partners to cooperate.
Organizes outbound visits:
Studies in college are not limited to lectures and activities on site. VCD is constantly looking for partners and opportunities to acquaint students with operating companies and factories, clarify their working principles and understand labor market trends. VCD organizes field visits, during which the activities of individual companies are explored.
Information on career planning issues is provided:
Phone: +370 652 74121
More information here: http://dizainokolegija.lt/en/career-center/